Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Ceremony of 12

Dear journal.
I am trying to find the right world for my feelings. Surprised? no, angry? no. Anyway, i sill describe the events of today and you shall see. The first part of the day I didn’t pay much attention. I was too focused on what I would get as a job. Before I knew it it was break time, and after that it was it was the ceremony, MY ceremony. After break all of the soon to be twelves sat at the front of the audience. I am number 19 so that is where I sat. Fiona is sat on my left for she was number 18.Then it started. Number 1 got fish hatchery attendant, then number 2 was selected as birthmother. So it went on and then before you could think about what you might get it was Fiona’s turn. She was selected as caretaker of the old, like I thought. And then it was me. “Number 20, Pierre,” she called out. What! No, I couldn’t believe it. She should have called out “Number 19, Jonas.” But no. I could see the audience realized too. And so the jobs were selected all the way up to number 50, but that was a blur to me. But it wasn’t over yet. She called me up on to the stage. She announced that she hadn’t forgotten me, but that I was chosen to have a very special job, the receiver. I recieved a piece of paper and then the ceremony ended.. People regarded me with caution and respect. When I got home I read my rules. They had some very surprising rules in them and also some just telling me what to do. I can ask any question, be rude and I cannot reply for medication or release. And the most unbelievable one, I may lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment